Saturday, September 20, 2014

Seculaarism -- What do you think?

http://time.com/3404633/richard-dawkins-atheism-air-force-secular-rights/

Take a look at this article. I am not secular.But for many considerations, I don't take a person's religion into account. The one exception is radicalism or extremism from any religious or non=religions group. The article contends that the secular need to come out into the open and let their views be known. That's OK, as long as they don't fall into that "extreme" group and try to force their religious beliefs on me. Like race, I don't think religion belong in our political lives. It should be a non=issue just as the color of your skin should be irrelevant. Sure, my religious belief in Jesus colors my political thinking (pun not intended) by making me more concerned about the less fortunate in our society. But, I don't force my religious beliefs on anyone in an effort to become more like Jesus in my life. And, I think that should be the norm in all political discussion. Rather than insisting on a particular belief, we should insist on a particular character in people, regardless of their religious beliefs. I think that the real fight should be against extremism in any form or by any group.

Friday, September 19, 2014

The Scottish Vote

Scotland has voted to remain with the UK. The significant point for me is not whether they chose to leave or stay in the UK, but the fact that over 80% of the eligible voters actually voted. Good for them. I wish the U.S. could garner that type of turn out on both sides for a national election.

Monday, September 1, 2014

Enjoy Labor Day 2014

Enjoy your day off!

Consumer spending is a major driver if the U.S. economy. Some say as much as 70% of the economy is based on consumerism. In order to spend like that, people have to have good paying jobs with benefits.

Hey, 1%! Are you listening. By being excessively greedy, you are hurting yourselves. You don't create jobs. The other 99% create jobs by buying the products you produce. By moving jobs overseas, you hurt yourselves in the long run. Get smart.

Enough ranting, now get out there and enjoy this Labor Day, those of you in the U.S. You earned it!